Monday, April 23, 2007

In the departure lounge...bound for Hong Kong

We had a pretty ropey night last night. We left it too late to book into the transit hotel in the Changi Airport by e-mail and it was all booked up when we got here. We found the "Oasis" Lounge across from gate E11 and spent the night there. We didn't really have enough time to go into the city and back out between our flights last night and this morning.

They had these sort of chairs that were half reclining. I chose the floor option. Everyone else, the chairs from (I thought) H.E. double hockey sticks... The kids did seem to doze which is more than I can claim, but we are not exactly the most happy, functional family on the planet today. We could be worse, I suppose but then I wouldn't want to see that. It wouldn't be a pretty sight.

We are off to see Jennifer Ferguson and her family this afternoon in Hong Kong. She says she has a socially maladjusted kitten. I think it will do just fine for Heather's much needed pet fix.

1 comment:

Richard and Martina said...

I guess you didn't make it to Coober Pedy, which is just like an old gold rush town, except that it's Opals that they're looking for. Everyone living there is out to 'make their fortune' A bit like the American Wild West